Rockford City Market Goals
- To provide a weekly ritual in downtown Rockford for residents and visitors to enjoy.
- To promote the sale of locally grown or produced products.
- To grow jobs and businesses by offering the opportunity for local entrepreneurs to test and refine their products, thereby encouraging business incubation or expansion of local businesses to downtown Rockford.
- To provide an educational forum for patrons to learn the uses and benefits of quality, locally grown or prepared food products.
The Rockford City Market is committed to creating a diverse marketplace with the highest quality, locally* grown and produced products available. Rockford City Market will not be bound to apply a particular set of selection criteria in every instance and reserves unconditional discretion to accept or refuse anyone as a vendor and will consider many factors when evaluating vendor applications. Vendors are selected through a committee approval process.Priority will be given to:
- Local* farmers and producers who bring product to the market that is 100% grown and harvested on farmland they own and/or operate.
- Vendors who create high quality, unique or unusual items not already well represented at the Market.
- Businesses with potential for growth into storefronts in local commercial districts, or products with the potential for commercialization.
- Prepared food vendors with limited menus who offer foods made from fresh healthful ingredients. Approved menus must be adhered to unless preapproved by committee.
- Vendors from the previous season whose continued presence at the market successfully aligns with the market’s mission.
To view the Rules & Regulations, click here.
*within 150 miles
Vendor Application and Contract
The City Market is not a platform for non-profit organizations to fundraise. Very limited participation by non-profit organizations will be considered by the market steering committee when their mission aligns with the goals stated above. Non-profit organizations are approved for one calendar year only with no automatic renewal. We do offer the opportunity for non-profit and school organizations to staff the market gates and promote your organization at the information booth. There is no opportunity for political or religious organizations to participate.
Rules & Regulations
If you have additional questions on the Market's rules and regulations for vendors and performers, please contact the market manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815.977.5124.