New to the market? Here are 10 helpful shopping tips to get you started:
- Take your time & have fun browsing. Make going to the market your regular Friday afternoon fun!
- Stroll all the stands to see what's available before making your decision.
- Go green and carry one large bag than carry a bunch of smaller plastic bags.
- If you have a question about something for sale, just ask.
- Ask how to prepare and cook the item. Get valuable information on even the most common fruits and vegetables.
- Don't be afraid to try something new! You may discover a new favorite food to make your summer recipes even richer and sweeter.
- Engage your kids and give them a few dollars to buy whatever produce they want to eat. It's a good way to encourage them to eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Introduce a friend to the City Market. The more the merrier! The City Market is the place to see and be seen.
- Familiarize yourself with the market and its vendors by visiting regularly.
- Bring small bills and change. Make life easier for yourself and vendors by paying in small bills and change.
Download a list of frequently asked questions regarding the Rockford City Market.